Sunday, October 08, 2006

Koss, Amy Goldman. Gossip times three

Koss, Amy Goldman. Gossip times three. Puffin, 2003 [0-14-240295-8]
Abby, Bess, and Cristy are in Junior High and are best friends. Abby has always liked Zach but then one day Bess says, "Zach's cute." It sends the close friendship into a whirlwind. No only do we have the three best friends feuding, but also, they are all dealing with their single-parent moms' dating habits. Koss as usual captures the feel for junior high friendships but this book drove me crazy. It is written as a writing project and there are constantly three (numbered) plot twists appearing in the book (I guess to go with the title.) Sometimes, they are options and the reader is asked to choose which the correct one. I found this 170 page book to be agony to finish. Maybe girls will like it, but it made me nuts.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea this book seems to be pretty good i have only read like half of the book soo far but it has really caught my attnetion. It seems just like things that would happen between me and my friends. I think that is probably why i like it so far.haha!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved this book...it was soo much like my life in junior high. so i can really relate to it. i think you should make more books with a plot kinda like this one it was really good and i usually dont like to read but any chance i had i was reading this book. i loved it!!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long is this book (how many pages)?

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont like this book it gets borig

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this book is awesome it is like it is actually talking with u

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's amazing! one of my favorite books to read in spare time. i actually am a middle school aged girl and i thought the book was interesting and insightful! great book for middle school girls!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home