Sunday, October 23, 2005

Rinaldi, Ann. Mutiny's daughter

Rinaldi, Ann. Mutiny's daughter. HarperCollins, 2004 [0-06-029638-0]
This is historical fiction with the emphasis on the fiction. Rinaldi paints a "what-if" tale after the Mutiny on the Bounty. Fletcher Christian has returned on England in hiding and has brought his half Polynesian daughter who is masquerading as his brother's (her Uncle) daughter. The daughter (Mary) ends up attending an exclusive private school for girls and one girl finds out who Mary really is and begins blackmailing her. Meanwhile Mary is trying to find her father who is in hiding. The opening of this 218 page book is slow but the story picks up considerably near the end. It is not one of Rinaldi's best works.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I would like to link to your entry, Rinaldi, Ann. Mutiny's daughter , Frederick Muller . It would be a perfect fit for my website homeschool gathering place , with your permission.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

After reading Rinaldi, Ann. Mutiny's daughter, Frederick Muller I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool curriculum . If I could have your permission.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Frederick Muller, Rinaldi, Ann. Mutiny's daughter turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home